If you think your baby(ies) may be struggling with reflux, here are some symptoms to look for. There can be many different symptoms that you may not initially think would be related. According to many sources, many babies have reflux to some degree or another, but some babies are miserable with it (and you may be feeling miserable with them). Here is a list of symptoms that may help you decide to research further to see if your baby is struggling with reflux.
Common symptoms of reflux:
- Frequent spitting up or vomiting
- Refusing food or eating only small amounts
- Arching the neck or back while feeding and after
- “Wet” burps
- Frequent hiccups
- Frequent coughing
- Poor sleep habits typically with frequent waking
- Constant or sudden crying or colic like symptoms
- Irritability during or after feedings
- Crying when placed on his or her back, especially after a feeding
These websites are ones I trust to give reliable and medically accurate information on reflux.